New seiko 007-009

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Don't have news on it. Do you happen to have photos of it?

Likely the new Seiko 007-009 to be released in 2014 will feature 4R35/4R36 movements. From our experience with the OEM version NH35 / NH36 those are workhorse movements and quite capable to perform and be precise.

gurka

WIS
Well I think there is a petition from some watch forums for this Seiko 007-009 to house a 4r36 movement.
I like the 4r36 because like the ETA 2824, it can be hand wounded and the seconds hand can be hacked.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
That is the most likely approach to be that movement or 4R35 as Seiko discontinued the 7S26 and 7S25 movements to their customers via TimeModule HK replacing those with NH36 and NH35 (4R36 and 4R35).

karmatoburn

Perfect Apprentice WIS
The 007/9 is a true classic. Hope they don't mess with the styling too much but only changing the movement won't be enough to make me buy a second one.

A seiko diver is a seiko diver and the 007-009 is a true classic. But i just hope that the.would switch to 6R15 instead of 4R35/36. As far as the stylung hope they won't mess it much.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Quite unlikely for movement to be the 6R15. The cost of that movement is about 3 times cost of 4R35 so Seiko would have to increase considerably price of Seiko 007/9. So my guess is they will upgrade it to 4R36 movement.

gurka

WIS
Yup, 4r36 is the most possible movement seiko can use to keep the price range to a minimum. I just hope they upgrade the dial or probably use a sumo like dial.

i hope they use the 4r36,
only way i could see them using the 6r15 is if they decided to bump them up to "prospex"...
though i guess the monsters kept the same 4r36...
and yet they also have those new monsters with the 6r15...
gets confusing trying to figure out what they are planning.
Either way, personally i vastly prefer the SKX173 to the 007...
i just prefer the seconds hand and the "Aztec-Style" markers.
Some of this might stem from the fact that the first time i showed my wife my 009,
she asked me "why would someone use markers that look like tampons?"

Last edited:

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well I think one of the reasons why Seiko is using the 6R15 is due to high demand of NH35 / 36 and as they have a limited capacity they sell the NH35 /36 to third parties. Some monsters have now the 6R15 but they are in the X series. Something they should consider though is using sapphire glass in their diver watches.