Poll New Borealis Rubber Size 20mm or 24mm version

Which should be the next size to be developed for the Borealis Rubber Strap

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVS_Racing

Master Apprentice WIS
^^ please make colours other than black haha we will buy them. Look at Obris Morgan, they are an even smaller volume company than you guys and they have multiple colours and sizes. How are the 22mm ones that you have selling? I'm sure a lot of them are flying off the shelves.

CHANT

WIS
I bought the 22mm Borealis vulcanized rubber strap just to get the discount on the pre-order on my Estoril 300. I was totally surprised at how comfortable the strap is on my skin. Unfortunately, at the time, I did not have a watch to try it on until now. I recently bought myself a beater diver (the SKX-009) and I am telling you that this strap was tailor-made for this watch. It is so comfortable and does not any dust at all. On the other hand, the SKX OEM rubber strap may be okay for wearing on the outside of a wet suit, but it was definitely way too stiff for daily use.

Thank you Maria for making the vulcanized rubber strap available. I had voted for a 20mm strap as the Estoril has a 20mm lug width. As I have only one watch (namely the Scorpionfish) with a 24mm lug width, I rather see your decision would be in favor of the 20mm design. I currently have my SF on a 23mm Super Engineer bracelet which happen to also fit my Citizen Grand Touring. And I have no intention in putting a rubber strap on either of these two watches for the time being.

Yes, I do understand that other forum members prefer to see the 24mm width strap materialize as this size strap is hard to come by, which I totally understand.

CHANT

Last edited:

arlee

Apprentice WIS
neither make the 22mm in different colors! Orange, Blue
=p
But if i had to pick it would be 20mm since i pre-ordered a Estoril this would go great with it

I wish I could switch my vote to 24mm. Could totally use a couple of those right now. Also, Any updates on the next rubber strap Maria?

CHANT

WIS
My experience in the last few months with the Borealis 22mm rubber strap is that keepers are slightly on the loose side. As such, I have had to make adjustments to the keepers 7 to 10 times during the day. It is kind of annoying! :(

CHANT

kodiak

Master Apprentice WIS
My experience in the last few months with the Borealis 22mm rubber strap is that keepers are slightly on the loose side. As such, I have had to make adjustments to the keepers 7 to 10 times during the day. It is kind of annoying! :(

CHANT
I have similar experience with the loose keepers. I actually put an Iso... keeper on and it seems to fit tighter (shh...don't tell Maria,ha!).

CHANT
I used a small amount of epoxy resin glue to stick the keepers in desired position permanently. Works brilliant.

phlabrooy

Master WIS
I used a small amount of epoxy resin glue to stick the keepers in desired position permanently. Works brilliant.
That's not a bad idea actually .....

I was actually thinking of adding / sticking a thin strip of rubber material inside the keepers to tighten the fit.

Anyway, hope Maria can do something to the keepers on the new straps !

Regards,

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
Maria, just curious, when will the 20 mm be release?

I asked because I really like the 24 mm on my Scout Sniper now. So soft, so comfortable and better looking than the stock bracelet too (at least to me). Looking forward for 20 mm for my Estorils. :)