Pre-Order Borealis Batial - Deep Diver 3000m CuSn8 Bronze Watch

Stewie

Master Apprentice WIS
I didn't get in on the Batial, but is really is a fantastic looking bronzo. And at an unbeatable price.

My Batial (brown no-date version) arrived today, and I immediately put it on the new natural rubber Borealis strap. Loving the look so far.

P.S. Yes I realise it doesn't really work with the business shirt!

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Would like to remind buyers that watch is made of CuSn8 bronze not cheap brass so do not understand why some comparisons are being made to brass watches that have a much softer and cheaper material.

Ninja

Master Apprentice WIS
Hello Maria,

Thank you for the awesome watch!! It arrived yesterday.

One issue though, the two allen keys that came with the watch do not fit the lug screws, it is only for the buckle screw. Are you able to send a replacement? Thanks!

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Maria,

Thank you for the awesome watch!! It arrived yesterday.

One issue though, the two allen keys that came with the watch do not fit the lug screws, it is only for the buckle screw. Are you able to send a replacement? Thanks!
The size for the buckle and lug screws is the same : allen size 1.5mm. Try to use the the long side of the allen key tool not the short one.

Any questions you may still have please send me an email as forum is not meant for customer support.

The long side fits, but what took me a few minutes to figure out is that it's a single-sided screw that screws into the through-bar - it doesn't screw to the case.

So you need to put the 2nd long side in the opposite lug, and then put the long side in the close lug and rotate. It'll unscrew easily.

If you don't hold the opposite lug end still with the 2nd key the entire through bar will rotate and not undo.

Would like to remind buyers that watch is made of CuSn8 bronze not cheap brass so do not understand why some comparisons are being made to brass watches that have a much softer and cheaper material.
These watches turned out beautiful Maria,the 2015 deal was a nice bonus but IMO the current 2016 prices on the Batials are a great deal.I am still debating on one,having a green dial and black already,narrows it down to brown or blue for me ,but they all look amazing ,looks like it wears well and has great lume.You are correct about the difference in the material and cost is much different also,I have both and enjoy them regardless.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
These watches turned out beautiful Maria,the 2015 deal was a nice bonus but IMO the current 2016 prices on the Batials are a great deal.I am still debating on one,having a green dial and black already,narrows it down to brown or blue for me ,but they all look amazing ,looks like it wears well and has great lume.You are correct about the difference in the material and cost is much different also,I have both and enjoy them regardless.

All great watches you have there!

The brown is quite a special one in my opinion and the one that will age better if comparing blue to brown.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Clarification on the bronze crown color mismatch with case:
  • the bronze crown as mentioned a few months ago it is made of CuSn8 bronze with a inner steel core
  • the bronze crowns and buckles were manufactured before the cases as we took advantage of an offer of manufacturer (and therefore why we are able to offer a CuSn8 watch at a price for a brass watch)
  • the result of color mismatch is a corollary of the two points above and with patina the color mismatch will disappear