Pre-Order Borealis Estoril 300m Automatic

Karan Kohli

Apprentice WIS
Just placed an order for black arabic with date.Does anyone know from where it will be shipped from?
Also I forgot to check the free fedex priority post. is it possible that can it be changed now or the normal post is good?
thanks

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your order. Our items are shipped from Portugal and there is no such thing as free shipping. What you can choose is the preferred shipping method during pre-order. Post office costs $10.00 USD + VAT and Fedex $45.00 USD + VAT.

Karan Kohli

Apprentice WIS
Thank you for your order. Our items are shipped from Portugal and there is no such thing as free shipping. What you can choose is the preferred shipping method during pre-order. Post office costs $10.00 USD + VAT and Fedex $45.00 USD + VAT.
oh okay so we have to pay for the shipping when we will pay the remaining money?

So I just preordered the Estoril Blue Triangle No Date. However I'm not a big fan of NATO straps so I'm thinking of replacing the factory strap with a mesh strap.

However I'm not sure which will look better - silver or blue.

What do you reckon?

phlabrooy

Master WIS
So I just preordered the Estoril Blue Triangle No Date. However I'm not a big fan of NATO straps so I'm thinking of replacing the factory strap with a mesh strap.

However I'm not sure which will look better - silver or blue.

What do you reckon?

Well, the choice is up to your preference, but for me, I'd definitely go with the silver SS, and then also not with those end links !
Maybe the open mesh type, without the end links ..... would look more like the original SM on mesh.

Regards,

Pakz

Patriarch WIS
I think I would be quite tempted by the blue one.
Actually.... I am!!!
Were did you find that? it's rather out of the box and could well work very well with a blue Estoril!

Boatswain

Master Apprentice WIS
my shark mesh came in!
Strapcode Ploprof 316 sharkmesh with h links

Looks like my pics are too big to upload here but if you know about the WUS Estoril thread in the dive watch forum you can see them posted there.

I am very happy with it and glad I paid more.
The finishing is very good. Nice smooth clear polish. No sharp edges or snags. The buckle is nice and crisp, better than my strapcode endmill. The flat links look great. Nice smooth feel to the touch. I was worried the flat links would look too aggressive but they don't. It gives a lot of depth to the bracelet as the links and texture shift with the light. Also the initial impression was that is wasn't too shiny, so I doubt I will be in a rush to brush it if at all. Sizing was very easy. Unscrewed quite nicely. The watch I tried it on is an RLT 75 which has near identical dimensions to the Estoril. The best part is all the H links came out for my 173mm/6.75" wrist. So I get the adjustability of the extra links and the strength and clean look of a straight mesh! I may have to add a link for the Estoril which would be fine as I was on the largest micro adjust and I think my wrist is small now. Also the Estoril I think has lower lugs. Either way I am pleased as I thought it might be too long. Nice feel on wrist. Conforms nicely and is not too heavy or too light. While I wish I had an omega bracelet the density looks good in wrist, if only it had one more link to fill the lugs more. The omega version has 9 links across as opposed to the 8 all after markets have in 20mm. I think it will look great with the shoulder less marathon bars i have coming, nice and clean. I won't be able to try them though till the Estoril arrives as the RLT doesn't have drilled lugs.

Definitely recommend!

phlabrooy

Master WIS
Just placed my order for the Bull Shark, so was wondering ....

Is the expected delivery for these Estoril 300s still set as previously mentioned, for June/July, Maria ?

Regards,

SimonN

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Need more pics. The next couple of months will be hell otherwise. :)

I know the prototype images of the black 300's had pvd hardware by mistake. I'd love an image of a black, big triangle on the right NATO. ;)

timekeeper

Master Apprentice WIS
I think I would be quite tempted by the blue one.
Actually.... I am!!!
Were did you find that? it's rather out of the box and could well work very well with a blue Estoril!
I know I was. I could've passed on another black watch, but that navy blue has my name all over it. C'mon July...

Maria,
Would it speed up delivery of the movements if they had white date wheels? I would go for a white date wheel, especially on my blue dial Estoril, if I could get it sooner. If this is true, would you pole the others to seen if they would be agreeable to white date wheels in exchange for faster delivery.
Thanks!

SimonN

Perfect Apprentice WIS
As much as I'm dying to get my hands on it, and even if swapping the date wheel was even possible, it should remain as ordered in my opinion. I can wait. It's really close now. :)

The project is not delayed. As mentioned from beginning of pre-order

• EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE: JULY 2016 THOUGH DELAYS MAY OCCUR
The delivery date remains and we expect movements in June. We are just trying to see if we can be ahead of schedule.
Maria,
I didn't say it was delayed-yet. However, since all the other parts are ready, it's a shame for the project to sit dead in the water for the next two months for lack of movements. I was just posing a possible workaround, to keep the project moving.
After all, even if the movements arrive in June, as expected, it will be at least 1-2 months after that before the watches are ready to ship, and by then the project may very well be delayed. In any event, I'm just trying to be helpful. I've had my money down since last October, so another 3-4 months won't make much difference to me.
Thanks!