Pre-Order Borealis Medusa 500m Lugless Diver Watch

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We have been quietly working out details of the Borealis Medusa (redesigning it from scratch) and are now able to share with you some of it specs

Case diameter: 45mm, lug to lug 45mm, lug width 22mm, 500m water resistant, Miyota 9015 movement or NH35.

Thickness with 9015 movement: 12.50mm, thickness with NH35 13.50mm.

Yes, a very interesting design, and quite different from the previous design. I like the thinner profile of the current version. I'm not sure about having the bezel smaller than the case, though. It looks like it could be difficult to operate the bezel. Also, I'm not discerning any difference in the three black dial pics.. There will be more detail to come, I'm sure!

phlabrooy

Master WIS
I really don't know with this one ...

Somehow dial and bezel look very busy to me. I actually very much prefer the earlier designs... and colours !

So, the bezel is no longer removable and compatible with the Manta Ray, I presume ?

Will need to see more pics, really.

Regards,

PaulDecember

Master Apprentice WIS
I generally like the design, though the hands and markers now look a bit too "dressy" for the tool-like case.
...Unless the case has some polished surfaces.

Last edited:

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The case has combined brushed and polished surfaces. The bezel will not share the Manta Ray system as thickness would be of 16mm compared to less than 13mm provided by a 9015 movement with this type of construction.

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
I really don't know with this one ...

Somehow dial and bezel look very busy to me. I actually very much prefer the earlier designs... and colours !

So, the bezel is no longer removable and compatible with the Manta Ray, I presume ?

Will need to see more pics, really.

Regards,
I prefer the previous dial, hands & bezel insert design. It was easier for my old eyes to read the time, without my reading glasses.

But I prefer the current overall shape & size of the case and bezel, which seems thinner to me. :)

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Borealis Medusa Black dial C3

Borealis Medusa Black Dial Old Radium

Borealis Medusa Black Dial BGW9

Borealis Medusa White Dial BGW9

Borealis Medusa Blue Dial BGW9

Borealis Medusa Grey Dial BGW9

It is also possible to offer it in Bronze CuSn8 depending on demand.

PaulDecember

Master Apprentice WIS
Great to hear it will use regular straps, I'll probably end up ordering one.
...I hope the final design get less generic hands, something with a bit more personality.