Pre-Order Borealis Medusa 500m Lugless Diver Watch

I think the problem with the lines, noted above, is at least in part due to the design and length of the applied markers, relative to the small dial size.
Using ratios on the renders, I get a dial size of only about 30 mm. For this small dial, the applied indices appear too long. IMO, applied indices about half the current length would improve the appearance overall. The shorter length would also go well with width of the date window and small square marker a 3 o'clock.

Agree - longer markers look better.

Is it plausible to keep the outside diameter of the bezel the same, but increase the dial aperture by 1mm or so, so that the bezel is 0.5mm narrower? I like the Medusa already, but perhaps the 'clutter' people mention is caused by the bezel width relative to dial size?

Maria,
Thanks for trying the shorter indices. I actually prefer the shorter indices myself, but that's just me apparently. In any event, it's your project, and I'm actually OK with the longer indices.
On another topic, would you consider using a constant width 22 mm bracelet on the Medusa. It's a sizable watch and IMO needs a constant width bracelet, for both physical and visual balance.

dimitar1914

Apprentice WIS
This is going to my first Borealis adventure. I know it is going to be a fun. One suggestion from me by now- let the customers have the chance to buy the watch with the bracelet and the rubber strap also.

PaulDecember

Master Apprentice WIS
I hope this watch makes it to production, I'm ready to put my $$$ on it.

I prefer MIx: Short + Long

Last edited:
Maria,
I vote for the mix of long and short applied indices! I thought about this after I proposed the short indices, but at that time decided it was a lost cause and dropped the thought.
Now , how about the constant with bracelet? :)

deepdive

Master Apprentice WIS
I prefer mix and no date version, so good!

Please keep crystal/dial diameter and bezel size as it is...

I DONT AGREE with "
Is it plausible to keep the outside diameter of the bezel the same, but increase the dial aperture by 1mm or so, so that the bezel is 0.5mm narrower? I like the Medusa already, but perhaps the 'clutter' people mention is caused by the bezel width relative to dial size?
"