Pre-Order Borealis Estoril 300m Automatic

Itsonlytime

Master WIS
WOW Maria, my pre-ordered Estoril that I just received is absolutely "Fantastic", your best offering to date, IMHO.
Only 8 days to receive using Postal to get to Az., USA, the black/Arabic/date dial symmetry is perfect, fit and finish is on par with my recently purchased Oris Diver 65, the polished vs brushed watch case areas are perfectly combined, and as others have said, the NATO strap is the best quality I have ever worn.
Maria, thank you for producing such a classy, well made vintage timepiece, at an exceptional, affordable price.

Stephen P

Apprentice WIS
image.jpeg My first post here, and my first ever Borealis arrived this morning and all I can say is WOW!!! What a fantastic job you've done with the Estoril, Maria... I'm blown away with the quality, fit and finish of this piece. Well done for producing such a great watch!

Last edited:
Black dial Borealis Estoril 300 089.JPG Black dial Borealis Estoril 300 086.JPG Black dial Borealis Estoril 300 083.JPG Black dial Borealis Estoril 300 082.JPG
My Black dial arabic Estoril 300 with date arrived today. Since I'm a bracelet guy, I got a Srapcode Endmill to put on it. Here are some photos shot this afternoon,showing how this combination looks. If any of you try this, be aware that if you use the Strapcode 2.5 mm springbars the distance between the endlink and case is insufficient, and even if you use the smaller supplied springbars, it is a scrubbing fit. (Sorry, I got the photos before the text, and don't know how to correct the problem, so I'll just post it as-is, before I lose it all.)

Narc'd

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Ed P. - Lovely bracelet, that looks fantastic (y). I got a bracelet on Amazon, it's not as high a quality as the Strapcode ones but I was hoping the end links would fit. Unfortunately they didn't so I used a Dremel to grind them to shape. I ended up with gaps between the case but overall I'm really happy.

If your end links are a tight fit against the case - and it was my bracelet - I'd relieve the end link with a Dremel where it rubs the case by a hair, then brush finish it so you wouldn't notice. Failing that I'd spend a few minutes with a needle file and do the same thing.

Attachments

Narc'd
Your bracelet(and watch, of course) looks very good, considering you had to grind it to fit. What was the seller of the bracelet you got on Amazon, and does it have solid end links?
Actually, I was thinking of grinding my Endmill end links, as you suggest. The only thing that stopped me from doing it on the spot, was the considerable nuisance it was to put the bracelet on the watch. It was one of those that require you to insert both ends of the springbar between the lugs before you have either in a lug hole. I hope you are enjoying your Estoril as much as I'm enjoying mine!
Ed P.
Ed P. - Lovely bracelet, that looks fantastic (y). I got a bracelet on Amazon, it's not as high a quality as the Strapcode ones but I was hoping the end links would fit. Unfortunately they didn't so I used a Dremel to grind them to shape. I ended up with gaps between the case but overall I'm really happy.

If your end links are a tight fit against the case - and it was my bracelet - I'd relieve the end link with a Dremel where it rubs the case by a hair, then brush finish it so you wouldn't notice. Failing that I'd spend a few minutes with a needle file and do the same thing.

Narc'd

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Narc'd
Your bracelet(and watch, of course) looks very good, considering you had to grind it to fit. What was the seller of the bracelet you got on Amazon, and does it have solid end links?
Actually, I was thinking of grinding my Endmill end links, as you suggest. The only thing that stopped me from doing it on the spot, was the considerable nuisance it was to put the bracelet on the watch. It was one of those that require you to insert both ends of the springbar between the lugs before you have either in a lug hole. I hope you are enjoying your Estoril as much as I'm enjoying mine!
Ed P.

Thanks, yes - loving the watch. I got that bracelet on Amazon - if you type "iStrap Seamaster bracelet" in the search bar you should find it. Likewise type "replacement Omega Seamaster bracelet" into ebay and you should get similar results. It's a generic Chinese made bracelet listed from a few manufacturers and brands but I'd say they all roll out of the same factory. It has solid end links and three whole and one half link per side that are removable via friction pins. I'd say the Strapcode bracelet you have is much better quality wise. I know exactly what you mean too about the awkwardness with the springbars too ;)

Sadakar

Master Apprentice WIS
Hi Narc'd , this version of bracelet looks nice , even you wrote , that you didnt spent long time to fix bracelet for watches.Can you PLS write or give a link which bracelet is that from amazon?

Have a nice day Martin

Narc'd

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Hi Narc'd , this version of bracelet looks nice , even you wrote , that you didnt spent long time to fix bracelet for watches.Can you PLS write or give a link which bracelet is that from amazon?

Have a nice day Martin
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...0-2ad7-412c-8634-6cd03b7b73e2&pf_rd_i=desktop

It took me about 2 hours to grind down the end links to fit the watch. There was a lot of grinding/try-against-watch-for-fit/grinding/ etc. to ensure I kept the curve on the endlink matching the watch.

Pakz

Patriarch WIS
I clearly prefer your latest, the shark mesh. This one look very nice, too, with the flattened surface!

I'm planing on wearing mine on an admiralty grey Nato, and alternate with an old tropic I have that would be a great match, I think... Pure vintage feel!
More about that next week (or possibly Friday), once I'm back home and I've received my Blue Big Triangle!

Itsonlytime

Master WIS
BRACELET DU JUOR!
Today I decided to try a shark mesh on my new Estoril, while I fix a clearance issue on the endmill bracelet I showed and discussed here yesterday. Here are the photos I took of it in my back yard this afternoon. What do you think, Endmill or shark mesh?View attachment 671 View attachment 672 View attachment 673 View attachment 674
Without a doubt Ed, the Shark Mesh wins big, it looks awesome, enjoy it often.
I just put my Black dial on a Black Perlon strap, real happy with the look and comfort. What a great timepiece, on any wrapper, Maria did a fantastic job on this beauty.

James

Perfect Apprentice WIS
I prefer the Endmill myself.

Looks great! I was researching the same bracelet on strap code as well, but I am hesitant now that I hear it has some issues.

I have a grey 3 ring zulu, black 3 ring zulu and khaki green 3 ring zulu coming.

And two other bond natos as well.

Still debating the Endmill..........

Was wearing this watch all day out in the sun today. Just a stunning piece. The polished case shines like a beauty!

And the lume once I get home is insane. Nice job Maria......

SWM,
I got it on ebay for $14.99, including shipping. I show photos of the bracelet on page 45 of this thread. Its quality is first-rate. At the time, no one seemed interested, instead preferring one with those H-shaped removable pieces, for several times more money. Perhaps they weren't confident that they could cut it to the length they needed. Actually, a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool makes the task pretty easy. I've also used wire cutters to do the job. I hope this helps!

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
SWM,
I got it on ebay for $14.99, including shipping. I show photos of the bracelet on page 45 of this thread. Its quality is first-rate. At the time, no one seemed interested, instead preferring one with those H-shaped removable pieces, for several times more money. Perhaps they weren't confident that they could cut it to the length they needed. Actually, a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool makes the task pretty easy. I've also used wire cutters to do the job. I hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing. It helps. :)

Edit : I check back your photos on page 45 and then realised I had asked you the same question before, back then in February, and you had replied as in #888. Somehow it totally slipped my mind (suffering the same problem as "Dory"). Thank you again.

Last edited:
Endmill or Mesh?
After wearing each bracelet for a couple of days, I've decided to answer my own question! I definitely prefer the mesh bracelet, especially with the one I have with flat surfaces on the links. The links reflect light as you roll your wrist, adding a cool effect. Overall, I think the mesh just goes better with the Estoril. It's lighter, both physically and visually, i'ts a breeze to install(after cutting it to length), and the polished mesh goes better with the mostly polished upper surfaces of the Estoril. I'll save the Endmill for something else, maybe a Medusa!

Since I had two of these mesh bracelets, I cut the second one to fit, in preparation for my blue dial, large triangle Estoril 300, with date, which should arrive in a couple more days.

To reinforce the view of others, I think Maria did a superb job on the Estoril 300; they are a super watch! They also are a perfect fit for my 6.5 inch wrist!

Narc'd

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Got my first shark mesh bracelet today, a cheap one from Amazon. I already had a cheap ratchet clasp sitting in a drawer at home for a couple of years so I stuck it on the mesh, cut it to size and tried it on. Having not had one before I was surprised by how light it was. It had the flattened links on one side like Ed P.'s and on the opposite side it had the rounded, standard links. I fitted it with the rounded ones to the outside as they reflected less light. I still prefer the heavier solid bracelet but the watch looks more retro on the shark mesh. The Estoril is so versatile, it looks good on so many different straps and bracelets. Another 6.5" wrist here and it wears great.
Shark attack.JPG
Ratchet Buckle.JPG

James

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Was on the fence about how a mesh bracelet would look, but your photos look great!

Like the shark on shark.......