Pre-Order Borealis Medusa 300m Diver Watch - Interchangeable Bezel

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The Borealis Medusa will wear smaller than dimensions may imply. Why? Due to the lugless case.

Examples taken by my husband.

Borealis Seafarer II prototype: features a 45mm bezel.
Prometheus Manta Ray bezel:44.50mm

His wrist size is about 6.7 inches.

You can see how smaller the lugless design appears on wrist.

Not going to happen at least with keeping date at 3 o'clock.

Date would have to move to 4 o'clock too as with the Sea Dragon

To keep date at 3 o'clock we would have to reprint date wheels and a venture we are not going to partake this route at price point we are aiming at.
Can you explain this to an ignoramus like me? I would have thought that if you moved the crown to 4 and left the aperture for the date window at three it wouldn't have mattered at all, since the date wheel would still be a 360 degree rotating wheel designed to be read from the horizontal line?

I don't want the crown at 4, I just didn't understand the logic.

Also : flat or dome crystal? Would look awesome with slim case and heavy dome.

Mtbkr65

Master Apprentice WIS
The picture is of the Halios Puck which is a 47mm lugless case on my 7 inch wrist. 45mm is going to be a great size! The Medusa is a definite for me as long as there are some dial color choices or a pvd/dlc version!

Attachments

CHANT

WIS
Wow! Maria, I could hardly keep up with all the ongoing projects and, now, all of a sudden, the Medusa "pug"!

I would really like to see this watch to be a "fun" tool watch with some lively color combo so the wearer could pair the Medusa with some nice Zulu or NATO straps.

I am looking forward to seeing this project to its successful conclusion :)

CHANT

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
any chance of a 43mm case?
No, not a chance. Would not work as part of the big news in terms of the bezel system that we are going to announce.

Also with a 43mm case watch would wear like a 40mm diver watch with lugs and maximum lug width would be of 20mm.

ANJUNA

Master Apprentice WIS
I am sure it has plenty of appeal for others, but sorry to say it does not do it for me. Guess I like lugs, crown guards and steel bracelets to much.

gabriel-dan

Master Apprentice WIS
Nice watch! The design is beautiful however may suggest a bigger orange minutes hand similar to Seafarer II.
People might not realize how small a lugless design wears, the bigger the better! 47mm would be awesome.
The crown around 4 would be nice IMHO.
At the end of the day this is a divers watch so it should serve that purpose. It should be readable below water, bright colors, big size .etc

Pakz

Patriarch WIS
Not too sure about that one.
Sure enough the design is interesting, and the bezel exchanging system might be a great thing. But I passed the "puck" when Halios introduced it because, well... I didn't warm to it, and now even after more time to get used to this design and the advantage of a smaller size (I'm progressively moving a bit to smaller watches: for example I'm currently wearing a SARB 0035) I still don't know.

Well, we'll see. The Estoril, SeaFarer II and Bull Shark are already on order... so it's not like I will be "watchless" ;)

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Once technical designs are more final we can check possibility of a crown at 4 o'clock. The technical designs are very important for the final design as they will allow the bezel system to be compatible with future bezels.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't mentioned this before but idea is for the bezel system to be compatible with the Prometheus Manta Ray line.

Therefore there are certain guidelines we have to follow so that bezels are compatible and fully interchangeable.

We are trying to see if there is space for crown to be at 4 o'clock but seems very difficult due to the lug positioning.

Jerry P

Master Apprentice WIS
I was wondering if you are considering a bracelet option for this watch? Conversely I think this watch would look fantastic on mesh. Are you considering either one?

DTDiver

Apprentice WIS
..+ 1 for the crown at 4.

Still thinking that 45mm is the best size, but also still wondering about the thickness; could you give us some info about that ?

I saw your options for the hour hand: the arrow is nicer, but could we see a baton style ?